(2) Shampooed with Organix Moroccan Argan Creme Shampoo.
(3) Tea rinses with mix of green tea and peppermint tea.
(4) Applied Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment for a few minutes, then rinsed.
(5) Deep conditioned with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner for 20 minutes under my steamer.
(6) After rinsing out the conditioner, I sprayed my hair with apple cider vinegar (the same mix I made from two weeks ago using 50 mL of apple cider vinegar and 778 mL of water). For the last 2 weeks, I've left the ACV in my hair but this week I decided to rinse it out of my hair. Didn't see a difference in results, just smooth hair without the lingering smell of ACV.
(7) After rinsing my hair, I hopped out the shower and wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for about 30 minutes. Then I sprayed my hair with CHI Keratin Leave-In Conditioner and tied my hair down with a silk scarf. Once my hair was about 80% dry, I applied a little KeraPRO Anti-Frizz Elixir to my hair and detangled using my trusty Hercules Sagemann 5580.
Overall, I'm happy with this wash day. My hair came out fluffy, soft, and smooth. I tried to get a picture of the texture of my hair after detangling, shown in the picture to the right below. When I first applied the CHI Keratin Leave-In Conditioner (and even though it's packaged in a spray bottle, I found it easier to spray into my palm and then apply with my hands) I was a little bit skeptical about whether it all would end well because when I first applied the leave in, it didn't feel like it did anything. Then after a few minutes as my hair dried (before detangling) my hair felt a bit coated. I hate, hate, hate when my hair feels coated so I was nervous and wondered whether I should grab my usual leave in conditioner but decided not to. By the time I detangled my hair, it felt much better. Even after my hair dried (which is the true test), my hair still felt soft and light with not a coated strand in sight.
After detangling, I applied a little aloe vera gel to my edges, dampened my brush with water, and gently brushed my edges to distribute the gel. Then I tied my edges down and threw my hair up into a bun to finish drying. Sidenote: whenever I look at my ends when my hair is air dried (and get the urge to grab my shears and start cutting) I have to remind myself that my texlaxed texture is playing tricks on me, making my ends appear thinner than they really are because once my hair is flat ironed straight, my ends look fine. I am so looking forward to the day my hair is completely texlaxed.
For the week, I plan on moisturizing and sealing nightly, spraying my nape with CHI Keratin Mist once or twice, and maybe doing scalp massages... but I'm so bad at remembering to do my scalp massages now that I doubt I will.
How was your most recent wash day?