- I wash my hair every weekend.
- Pre-poo (pre-shampoo treatment) by doing a hot oil treatment or using conditioner for at least 30 minutes.
- *Protein treatment when needed after shampooing.*
- Tea rinse.
- Smoothing conditioner
- Deep condition with my heat cap or steamer for minimum 30 minutes.
- Apply leave in conditioner, then serum, detangle
- Roller set or air dry with scarf.
- Click here to read about and view pictures from all my wash days
- I self-relax my hair ever 10-12 weeks.
- Watch my most recent video of how I self-relax
- Click here to read and view pictures of all my relaxer touch ups
Maintenance and Styling
- At 4-5 weeks post, I begin moisturizing my new growth every other day with Komaza Care Califia Moisturizing Spray or Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Creme
- Protective styles 90% of the time (i.e. buns, faux bob)
- I apply a little Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage or Organix Moroccan Argan Oil before I bun.
- At night, I moisturize, then seal with grapeseed oil or Hairitage Hydration Coconut Mango Hair Moisturizer, then cross wrap or loosely bun, and cover with silk or satin scarf.
- Click here for how I cross wrap my hair.
- I do not comb through my hair during the week, and detangle only on wash day.
- I trim .5" off after every touch up.
- Scalp massages every other night.
Vitamins (taken daily)
- One-A-Day Women's Multivitamin
- GNC Ultra Nourish-Hair
- Fish oil
Click the links for my review
• Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo (clarifying/chelating shampoo)