Last updated 4/8/14Regimen
Wash Days: I wash my hair every weekend. I post about every wash day, both products and process, check out my wash day posts.
- Pre-poo (pre-shampoo treatment) by doing a hot oil treatment or using conditioner for at least 30 minutes.
- Shampoo OR co-wash.
- Tea rinse/coffee rinse OR protein treatment.
- Deep condition with my heat cap or steamer for minimum 30 minutes.
- Apply leave in conditioner, then serum.
- Roller set or air dry with scarf.
- I co-wash and/or deep condition. This helps keep my new growth moisturized and minimize tangles. My full co-washing regimen is posted here.
- I self-relax my hair ever 10-12 weeks with ORS Relaxer, lye, normal strength
- Watch my most recent video of how I self-relax
- Click here to read and view pictures of all my relaxer touch ups
Maintenance and Styling
- Protective styles 90% of the time (i.e. buns, faux bob)
- I apply a little Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage to my ends when wearing y hair down.
- At night, I moisturize and seal with oil. Then cross wrap or loosely bun, and cover with silk or satin scarf. Click here for how I cross wrap my hair.
- I do not comb through my hair during the week, and detangle with a comb only on wash day. When co-washing, I lightly detangle with my fingers.
- I trim minimum .5" off after every touch up.
- To keep my edges something during my relaxer stretches, I use either aloe vera gel or Eco Styler Gel (Krystal) and a silk scarf to smooth out and tame my edges.
Vitamins (taken daily)
- One-A-Day Women's Multivitamin
- GNC Ultra Nourish-Hair
- Fish oil
Staple Products Click the links for my review
Relaxer: ORS Relaxer, lye formula, normal strength
- Organix Awapuhi Ginger Repairing Shampoo
- Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo (clarifying/chelating shampoo)
- Silk Dream Hair Care Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream
- HairVeda Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner
- Kurlee Belle Banana Nut & Avocado Deep Treatment
Moisturizers & Leave-In Conditioners:
- Silk Dreams Hair Care Mocha Silk Hair Milk (moisturizer)
- Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk (moisturizer & leave-in)
- HairVeda Red Tea Satin Moisturizer (moisturizer)
- Komaza Care Matani Leave-In Conditioner
Serums & Heat Protectants:
- Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
- Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum
- CHI 44 Iron Guard (heat protectant)
Protein & Smoothing Conditioners:
- Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus (protein treatment)
- Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment (smoothing conditioner)
- Grapeseed oil (my numero uno sealing oil)
- Safflower oil
- Hempseed oil
- Coconut oil
- Essential oils: eucalyptus, lavender, tea tree
- Hair Trigger (use as pre-poo on wash days, not during the week)
- Green tea
- Black tea
- Peppermint tea
Gels: Aloe Vera Gel or Eco Styler Gel