Last updated 9/6/15
RegimenHi all! As you may have noticed, I've transitioned to natural so my regimen has changed a bit. I'll still be blogging about relaxed hair care so this page of course will remain right where it is. To make it easier to navigate, I have re-titled it "Relaxed Hair Regimen" and will create a separate page for my natural regimen. Thank you for reading, following, and commenting!
Wash Days: I wash my hair every weekend. I post about every wash day, both products and process, check out my wash day posts.
- Pre-poo (pre-shampoo treatment) by doing a hot oil treatment or using conditioner for at least 30 minutes or use my homemade detangler.
- Co-wash or use a clarifying shampoo when necessary to remove product build up.
- Tea rinse/coffee rinse OR protein treatment.
- Deep condition with my heat cap or steamer for minimum 30 minutes.
- Apply leave in conditioner, then serum.
- 9 times out of 10 I stretch my hair using the tension method and cold air, but I made do a flexi rod set, roller set or air dry with scarf.
Relaxers (as of April, 2014, I am currently transitioning to natural)
- I self-relax my hair ever 10-12 weeks with ORS Relaxer, lye, normal strength
- Watch my most recent video of how I self-relax
- Click here to read and view pictures of all my relaxer touch ups
Maintenance and Styling
- Protective styles 90% of the time (i.e. buns, faux bob)
- I apply a little Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage to my ends when wearing my hair down.
- At night, I moisturize and seal with oil. Then cross wrap or loosely bun, and cover with silk or satin scarf. Click here for how I cross wrap my hair.
- I do not comb through my hair during the week, and detangle with a comb only on wash day. When co-washing, I lightly detangle with my fingers.
- I trim minimum .5" off after every touch up (or every time I straighten my hair ever 3-4 months)
- Smooth edges: I use either aloe vera gel or Eco Styler Gel (Krystal) and a silk scarf to smooth out and tame my edges.
Vitamins (taken daily)
- One-A-Day Women's Multivitamin
Staple ProductsClick the links for my review or click here to view all my reviews.
Relaxer: ORS Relaxer, lye formula, normal strength
- Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo (clarifying/chelating shampoo)
- As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner
- Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Cleansing Conditioner
- Silk Dream Hair Care Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream
- HairVeda Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner
- Kurlee Belle Banana Nut & Avocado Deep Treatment
Moisturizers & Leave-In Conditioners:
- Silk Dreams Hair Care Mocha Silk Hair Milk (moisturizer, I only use when I flat iron my hair)
- Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk (moisturizer & leave-in)
- HairVeda Red Tea Satin Moisturizer (moisturizer)
- Komaza Care Matani Leave-In Conditioner
- Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls Leave-In Conditioner
Serums & Heat Protectants:
- Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
- Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum
- CHI 44 Iron Guard (heat protectant)
- Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide (discontinued)
Protein & Smoothing Conditioners:
- Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus (protein treatment)
- Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment (smoothing conditioner)
- Grapeseed oil (my numero uno sealing oil)
- Safflower oil
- Hempseed oil
- Coconut oil
- Essential oils: eucalyptus, lavender, tea tree
- Coffee (normally Folgers Instant)
- Green tea
- Black tea
- Peppermint tea
- Marshmallow root
- Burdock root
Gels: Aloe Vera Gel or Eco Styler Gel