How I've been using grapeseed oil:
- As a hot oil treatment, warming the oil up in the microwave, applying to my scalp and length of hair, especially the ends, and leaving in for anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- To seal my moisturizer
- Applying to my ends before I leave for work in the morning
- Grapeseed oil for hair can also be used for hot oil hair treatments. Since the oil is light and quickly absorbed, heating grapeseed oil and applying it to the scalp and hair ends greatly helps to make hair shiny, reducing brittleness.
- Dandruff problems as well as seborrheic dermatitis can be reduced by regular application of grapeseed oil on the scalp.
- The best thing about applying grapeseed oil for hair is that it can be safely applied on all hair types, be it normal, dry or oily.
- Using grapeseed oil for hair growth is also recommended since vitamin E and linoleic acid present in grapeseed oil helps to strengthen hair.
- Dry, rough and frizzy hair can also benefit from the use of grapeseed oil as it smooths the hair cuticles, sealing in the moisture and making each hair strand strong.
- Use as a heat protectant as it resists temperatures to 450° F.